The quality time we spend with friends having fun, sharing, and laughing, makes us naturally feel better and improve the quality of your life. Social support reduces the risk of death, its not expensive run and as well improves the well-being of a person.
Also studies have shown that a good social relationship is linked to lower risk of mental health problems such as depression. Talking to someone you trust such as a family member, friends, colleague or mental health professional about how you feel, helps prevent depression.
Benefits of friendships
According to mayoclinic, the following are others benefits of maintaining a good social relationship;
- Good friends are good for your health. Friends can help you celebrate good times and provide support during bad times.
- Friends prevent loneliness and give you a chance to offer needed companionship, too. They can also:
- Increase your sense of belonging and purpose
- Boost your happiness and reduce your stress
- Improve your self-confidence and self-worth
- Help you cope with traumas, such as divorce, serious illness, job loss or the death of a loved one
- Encourage you to change or avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as excessive drinking or lack of exercise
Leave a Reply