As we grow old, the teeth inevitably begins to yellow. The truth remains that some people tend to avoid smile or laughing in public places because of the nature of their teeth. This brings the need for teeth whitening at home
Although tooth-whitening kits are readily available at most pharmacies, many natural home remedies can also help remove stains and protect tooth enamel.
3 Home Remedies to Whiten Your Teeth
Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
Hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent that can bleach and kills bacteria on the teeth, on the other hand, baking soda has teeth whitening properties; that’s why it’s prevalent in toothpaste commercials.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda
- Two teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide
- Mix the both thoroughly to make a paste
- Brush your teeth with the paste.
- Grind your activated charcoal to make a powder
- Use the powdered charcoal to brush your teeth and rinse thoroughly with water.
Banana, Orange or Lemon Peel
- Scrub the teeth with banana, orange or lemon peel.
- Leave it on teeth for one to two minutes and then brush the teeth
- Wash out the mouth thoroughly with water and brush your teeth.
Also read: Perfect Hand washing Steps and Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching Everyone Should Know
Things that can Cause Yellow Teeth
- Certain foods or drinks, such as blueberries, red wine, coffee, or tea
- A diet high in sugar and simple carbohydrates
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Side effects of certain medications and mouthwashes
- Age, as older adults are more likely to have yellow teeth
- Mild tooth trauma
- Excessive fluoride consumption
- Poor dental care and oral hygiene
- Chronic dry mouth or lack of saliva
Each of the above remedies or tips, have been tested by some people without witnessing any side effects. Though it is not a guarantee that must work for everyone.
If none of these remedies or tips seems to assist you in achieving whiter teeth, then you should make an appointment with the dentist in order to discuss which teeth whitening options suitable for you.
Related Posts: Toothache And Home Remedies For Treatment
Oral hygiene, How To Brush Your Teeth
Leave a Reply